Friday, November 4, 2011

Heh.

My apologies. I sorta got caught up in everything. Life, writing, school. Ya know how it goes.

So.... I went to Disney world on the 21st of October and came back on the 30th (late at night...) and I would just like to share that it was freaking amazing. Which leads us to the think-topic of the day.

What is your opinion on magic? Is it unholy, impure? Or is it purity in essence? Are there other worlds, other dimensions, out there that are the subject of our human myths and legends and stories? Did we humans as a race have magic at some point? Do we still have magic? While we're at it, what is magic? Where is it stored? Does it have a different name? Is it sentient?

On a totally different topic, I need some help. Not sure you lot can lend that help or not... but if you are/know anyone who is Hindu, then please speak up. I've been researching the Hindu religion and mythology/stories and it took me literally three hours yesterday to find sufficient works on the first incarnation of Vishnu. And if anyone can explain Dharma to me in English I'll give you a cookie and award you a gold star on my blog. You ask why I need to learn this? Tough school essay, perhaps? Am I converting? Actually, no. I'm torturing myself trying to find an internet source other than Wikipedia for fun. Seriously, though, I need it for Retro-Specter. Plus I like knowing things other people don't. Thus the need to find someone with first-hand knowledge of all things... well, Hindu.

I'm so specific, ain't I?

Right-o. I gotta go. Peace out.

8 comments:

  1. I see before me an opportunity for a free cookie. Free food is always nice. Unfortunately, I am atheist (some people say I'm Fungusist, but Fungus is not a religion), and therefore, I know nothing about Hindu. Use "http://www.sanskrit.org/www/Hindu%20Primer/dharma.html". I understand it as the "function" of each object, person, or component of a system to achieve the goal of creating order and balance. For example, if you pat my head, and you let me pat yours, it would be Dharma, because in order to maintain balance, you must let me pat your head as well. If you were to flee, and avoid my patting of your head, it would be Adharma, because that would cause a war of head patting, which is chaotic.
    That's just my understanding from reading that article. I'm don't know anything about Hinduism, so I'm not sure if it's correct.

    I was expecting you to mention that Skyrim is being released in one week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. magic huh hmmmmm
    well I guess you could consider what we don't understand magic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, where is that picture from? Who's head is that, perfectly in the range of head patting? Who is that random person who tilts his head, and attempts to hide his eyes from being captured by the camera? Who is that person who waves excitedly in the background? And who are those people talking way back there?

    Curiosity. Also, I've finished memorising "To be, or not to be". Now, I shall memorise the 92 naturally occuring elements of the periodic table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, magic. Well, if "Energy cannot be created, nor destroyed", then that means "magic" must be stored somewhere as well, as some other form of energy. If we had knowledge about it at one point, then it is gone by now, therefore, we no longer "have" it. Names are for classifying various things, such as objects, ideas, people, etc. Therefore, whatever we chose to call it is it's name. Sentience? No. If it is energy, it isn't organic, therefore, no life, no brain, no sentience. I have no opinion of purity or impurity, for I do not believe these are properties that should apply to magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skyrim was released today...

    ...and there are already torrents and cracks for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, Emily had your pull buoy. Right now, it could either be:

    1. At Rowlinson's lost and found
    2. Still with Emily

    You may want to get it back... or not.

    ReplyDelete