Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Do you believe in destiny?

And no, that's not just some cheesy pitch for one of my upcoming novels, my dears. No, that's going to be today's thinking cap question. But I'll get to that later.

First I'd like to address SKYRIM. My first impression of it was "oh, my gods above, this is beautiful" ......and then the game crashed. One minute I'm looking at this blond Nord dude on a prison cart, the next I'm starring at my brother's LEGO wallpaper. The appropriate reaction was the one I had: "whuh.... dafuq?!?" So I got my dad and he fixed it with magic and now it lags. That right there is the worst four letter word in the world. Not hate, not any curse word you can think of. Lags. Shudder. But it's not too bad and the game runs fine now. I'm making slow progress, but to be honest, I'm not keen on rushing into anything. Overall, SKYRIM is a win for me.

Next I'll address everyone's answers on the magic topic from the post before last. Spirit, I agree. I don't think anyone will ever understand magic. Fungus.... first, the picture is from the Disney charter bus. That's my head, my dad in the blue shirt, and my mom in the back waving (her hand is in front of my sister's face, ha). Second, I think it's interesting you see it as simple energy.

I have differing opinions on most things. I think magic is an energy. I think it's stored in things around us. A sunrise, a smile, a moment in time. In music and thought and emotion. I think magic is only "good" or "evil" in the way you use or see that magic. And what I strongly believe is that humans do have magic. We don't always see it. But we can feel it in a good book, in a song, and in a story. Can you guess what it is? I think magic is in imagination.

A quote before the questions and before I go. "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." Corinthians 13:13, I think (not totally sure, since I haven't actually read the Bible).

Now. Questions. Get thinking, you lot. Do you believe in destiny? Is everything predetermined in the strands of time? Does it matter if you fight or give up? Is everything exactly the same if whether you were handed your "end point" or earned it? Do you end up in the same place no matter what you do? Or can the future be changed enough that destiny is null and void? And, given the choice of foresight or retrospection, which would you choose? (Seer or Spirit Walker ;))

M'kay. Later.

4 comments:

  1. Ummmm so how bad of a lag are you talking about? 30 fps? 25 fps? Are you running fraps or are you using steam?
    Destiny ? I think that it is true to an extent
    Your life may build up to something then knocked down but I don't think life is written in stone
    You may have a purpose but that does not define your life so that is my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing your sister out. That little detail entertained me for a while. As for your head... pat pat pat pat pat

    I would like to point out a few technical things about language:
    1. Quotes are capitalized, such as:
    -"Oh, my gods above, this is beautiful"
    -"whuh.... dafuq?!?"
    2. You introduced many more nouns, and then you suddenly used a pronoun pointing back at a noun a few sentences back:
    -"Second, I think it's interesting you see it as simple energy. "
    This confuses me, as "it" could be referring to the bus, your dad's shirt, your mom's hand,your sister's face, etc.

    Anyways, I also find it interesting of you to relate magic to human ideas, emotions and their spreading.

    Destiny... perhaps. It might exist, in a way. It is possible that every action we take is not predetermined, but still forced, due to the fact that we cannot make any other actions. When we make a choice, especially a difficult one, we struggle to decide which choice to make. Suppose we fail. We would blame the choice, although was it ever possible for you to select the other one? In your mind, the two opposing forces were offset by something or the other, causing your mind to think that the choice you make will be better. It's not that destiny is written out, but there are no other choices either. This is just a thought. Consider it magic.

    How's learning about Hinduism?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the title, I immediately went "Merlin." I am absolutely in love with that show. Completely. But you already know that.
    That sucks about your game >.<
    Well, you know, I don't really know about the whole destiny thing. If you talked about it from a religious perspective, it's said that God knows every single breath, move, thought you're going to take. But then, what's the point of living if He already knows where we're going? It hurts my brain to no end, but I guess it's a bit of both. It's definitely not set in stone.
    Ah, well, I have to go try and catch up on NaNo. A week without writing is NOT a good idea. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone know how to send friend requests on inkpop.com?

    I'm temporarily using Jack's nickname for myself >.<...Demon Midget...meh

    ReplyDelete