Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mediator

Because it's so much fun trying to stop an argument.

Someday I'm just going to give up and become part of the problem instead.

Yes, boys and girls, my advice for this post is to avoid arguments. Because you can't win. EVER.

Cue the crickets.... and new topic. How's everyone? How's school? All that fun stuff. I've been busy (not) editing Retro-Specter. I'm actually almost a third of the way through. This weekend I get to stay with my grandparents, which'll be fun. They've apparently read part of Retro-Specter--at least, my grandmother has--so I'll have more input to edit.

Today I want to ask everyone's opinion on a certain topic. It's been on my mind for a while, mostly because I've been redesigning some of the themes in my book. Anyways, here's my question/statement to get you guys thinking.

Who are we to determine who lives and who dies? We are merely human, not a god. Preserving life is within our power as is ending life. But just because the power to end life is available, does it mean we should take it? Or is it the other way around? The world is full of death and if we are able to do something, we should? If someone hurts someone else, return fire is only karma? Is karma just an excuse? Is there a line where something goes from karma to vengence?

I want to hear your thoughts.

5 comments:

  1. You seriously need to work out your errors. Try making your blog posts properly written. It may help with preventing errors in your other text.

    As for my thoughts, I will share them below.
    We are people. Alone, it may be a challenge to preserve a life, and perhaps harder to end one. If the victim proves more powerful than you, then you have just made a major mistake. As a massive group, we have more power, therefore, can determine if a single person or a much smaller group would live or die. When facing a group similar in size, it would be called war. War can be won from either side.

    Death may cause despair, but when the subject is thought about, it is actually quite necessary to maintain the balance of nature. Just as anything else, this subject depends on the situation. If someone evil is killed, then the two negatives make a positive. Preserve the lives you value, and attempt to prevent tragic deaths. If someone dies willingly, naturally, or joyfully, then it might be best to let them go...

    Karma? The idea of karma comes in to mind by the next unfortunate event to happen to you after you have "committed" a "crime", whatever that may be. If the "crime" was not done, you would still face the unfortunate event (unless the unfortunate event is directly related to the "crime"), but you would pay no extra attention to it. Therefore, yes, karma is an excuse. Returning fire is always vengeance (spell it right).

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a fine line between murder, mercy, and justice but who is the judge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a fine line between mercy and murder, but justice is just out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, you should change the bar at the top to be a different color. Blue seems too contrasting with this red-brown-purple-ish shade.

    ReplyDelete